Supporting the Orfalea College of Business
What’s the key to the success of the Orfalea College of Business?
Certainly, the cornerstone of Cal Poly’s success has been our Learn by Doing approach. As a comprehensive polytechnic university where students learn through hands-on application of real business problems, Cal Poly’s Orfalea College of Business strives to transform our students into resourceful professionals and innovative leaders who can make a real, tangible difference.
We start with students who are academically motivated when they choose Cal Poly. Our faculty and staff then provide an unrivaled commitment to developing programs designed to keep students intellectually sharp. Yet we know that our achievements – that our students’ achievements – are possible only because of an amazing support network of alumni, parents and friends. Your support is the key to our success.
The Orfalea College of Business is fortunate to have generous donors whose gifts make the difference between a good college and a great one. Your support helps us expand learning opportunities, endow faculty chairs and professorships, launch centers and institutes, enhance facilities and technology, and – through scholarships – attract and retain students with The Brightest Minds.
Your donations will allow the Orfalea College to educate future generations of innovative leaders, like Robbie Johnson.
“Winning a scholarship opened more doors for me than I could have possibly imagined! With my award in my back pocket, I was able to take a summer internship with my dream job at Tesla Motors without worrying about leaving higher-paying offers on the table.”
-- Robbie Johnson,
What will your funds support?
- Launch and expansion of innovative programs in Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Real Estate, Accounting, Packaging & Marketing
- Student scholarships for incoming freshmen and outstanding current students
- Faculty support for research and continued learning
- Lab and facility enhancements
- Technology upgrades for “smart” classrooms
- Classroom enrichment activities such as industry speakers and student club events
- Tutoring and career counseling through the Student Success Center
Learn more about Orfalea College of Business academic programs, faculty accomplishments, and the latest news. To speak with the Orfalea College’s Advancement staff, call 805-756-2704.