Corporate & Foundation Gifts
Cal Poly's Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations builds long-term philanthropic relationships to advance university priorities and programs. We assist the campus community to identify appropriate private-sector funding sources, develop solicitation strategies, work with corporations, cultivate grant makers, prepare proposals, and nurture ongoing partnerships through careful stewardship.
Services for corporate and foundation partners include:
- Coordinating campus visits and tours for corporate and foundation representatives
- Providing information about campus programs of interest to corporate partners
- Working with corporate and foundation partners to target campus contributions and create a strategic giving plan
- Facilitating corporate participation in collaborative research, recruitment, matching gifts, outreach projects, executive speaking opportunities, and philanthropy
- Responding to requests-for-proposals from family foundations and other "invitation only" grant makers
Please note: Campus grant writing services are handled by two different divisions at Cal Poly. The Grants Development Office of the Sponsored Programs Department focuses on government grants, corporate-sponsored research, quasi-governmental foundations such as the National Science Foundation or the California Dairy Foundation, and any contract that results in a direct reciprocal benefit to the funder.